Our services

Serving the
needs of the
building industry

Croft Structural + Civil overseeing construction on site

Providing a range of support

Croft Structural + Civil provide a variety of services all of which follow a strong QA system to ensure rigour in our process.

Collaboration & conservation

The key to our success

Experts in collaboration

Only by working together can we achieve our aim of an improved environment for all. Before any structural design is completed the brief is reviewed with our clients, site visits and inspections are undertaken, structural calculations are defined for all elements, and only then are the drawings produced. This approach can be applied to a variety of different projects from new builds, renovations, conversions and repairs.

Championing conservation

London is blessed with a wealth of historic properties. Croft Structural + Civil’s immersion in this wealth has given us great knowledge. Playing a part in the restoration of the wonderful heritage is a core role of the practice. Through detailed consideration structure can be maintained for the next generation. Subtle improvements are made with strengthened foundations and removal of decayed and corroded items to reduce energy losses.


£170k invested into Specialist Software

Our process



An inspection by a qualified engineer allows Croft to establish and consider any defects from the original build. To provide the best structural solution, we need to understand how the structure works, determine the impact of neighbouring properties, and establish any site constraints.



The feasibility of the project is considered. What are the clients wishes, how are they best achieved, what are the Structural options available. Good communication is at the heart of our approach and allows us to develop an in-depth understanding of our clients’ needs.



Retain: The investigations allow an assessment of what can and cannot be retained. Appropriate efforts will be made to keep old structure.

Renew: By Designing the structural elements needed we produce cost effective, sustainable, and creative design solutions



Having a local engineer throughout construction is vital. We monitor and report on the construction. Help when the unexpected appears. Review sub-contractor designs. Consider Method statements and temporary works. Employing Croft means that we are at hand to help you during this process.

About us

See how we bring our personal approach to projects

A interior view of a completed renovation project
Frequently asked questions

We often get asked similar questions about our process so we hope you find this handy FAQ section of help. However, please don’t hesitate to get in touch if you have further questions. Additionally we’ve set up our Support page to help demystify the specifics of our industry.

How do I get an estimate for Croft’s Services?

We need to find out about your needs and which of our services will best help you. If you have plans please email them using our Service Enquiry form. Alternatively please call and we will be able to discuss your problem and how we can help.

How and when do I pay for your services?

We ask for a deposit on appointment. Invoices will be issued monthly to cover the drawings and work undertaken. Once accounts are cleared, Structural calculations will be released..

How will you work with my builder?

Builders often have a preferred way of working. Through discussion a design that satisfies their wishes and our requirements can be met. Many builders and contractors recommend and employ Croft + because of our sensible cost effective designs.

Can you help me with Building Control/approved inspector?

The Approved inspector provides the final sign off for the works. Croft+ can help with the information for Part A Structures. We will provide the Drawings and Calculations necessary to compile with the Regulations, codes and requirements. Remember Building Regulations is not a Gold Standard, it is the minimum safety requirement. Often Croft’s design will go above and beyond Building Regulations needs and incorporate best practice.

It is not necessary to employ the council to complete building regulation approval. One can employ approved inspectors to check, approve and issue building completion certificates. One of the best known companies to provide this service is the NHBC, but small companies are available. With approved inspectors working directly for the client they are often better to deal with as they are more proactive and willing to provide advice and comment.

What are Building Regulations?

Communities and Local Government are responsible for policy on the Building Regulations, which exist to ensure the health, safety, welfare and convenience of people in and around buildings, and the energy efficiency of buildings. The regulations apply to most new buildings and many alterations of existing buildings in England and Wales, whether domestic, commercial or industrial.

When can I start work?

Once you have given a Building Notice or submitted Full Plans, you can start work at any time. However, you must give us a Commencement Notice at least two clear days (not including the day on which you give notice and any Saturday, Sunday, Bank or public holiday) before you start.

Do you work in my area?

We work throughout the UK and have some international projects. Our prime area is within the M25, Surrey and Kent. Our team of engineers is drawn from around London giving us swift access to many areas.

When do CDM (Construct Design Management) Regs Apply?

In 2015 H&S regulations were updated to include domestic properties. It was long overdue that domestic properties should have the same level of safety. Employing someone to paint a wall in a domestic home is encompassed under the regulations. A domestic client must ensure that the person they employ is competent. When a project increases in size the H&S Executive will need to be informed through the issuing of an F10.

An F10 is not needed if:

  • the work will last 30 days or less and involve less than five people on site at any one time; or
  • the work is being done for a domestic client (that is someone who lives, or will live, in the premises where the work is being done). In this case only the duties to notify HSE and those placed on designers apply. However, in some instances domestic clients may enter into an arrangement with a developer who carries on a trade, business or other activity. For example, a developer may sell domestic premises before the project is complete. The domestic client then owns the incomplete property, but the developer still arranges for the construction work to be carried out. In this case the CDM requirements apply to the developer.

How will you work with my architect?

The architect is the ‘creator of the form’ into which we install the ‘skeleton’. We meet, either on site or virtually to discuss the concepts, develop feasibility drawings, then move onto Tender information. Finally the construction issue information is issued. We can work with the architect in all of these stages. You will need to have employed the Architect each of the stages. See the RIBA works stages